Monday, July 18, 2011

the engagement ♥

I'm ENGAGED! 07-17-11

Here's the story:

Just a few days ago Jonny told me that Mandan and Jordyn (some friends of ours) wanted to go to Wrightsville Beach this weekend and that we should go with them. Early Sunday morning, he took me to a Spanish-speaking ward (which he happily translated most of the time) and when people would come up and go off in spanish to me I just nodded and pretended I totally knew what they were saying. Very nice people.

Haha, once we got to the beach we played in the ocean for a while (little did I know that I would be taking "after-the-fact" pictures, and of course didn't pay attention to how the salty water played a part in how my face...and hair looked...who cares anyway?) Welp, Mandan and Jordyn took off along the beach looking for seashells while Jonny and I layed out. A few minutes later, I get a text from Mandan asking us to come join them because there's some pretty cool shells to collect on the other side of the pier.



So we're walking along the shore, searching to meet up with them when I see something spelled in the sand with shells. "Marty and Erin?" Aw that's cute. No, it says "Marry me Erin"? awhhhh.. :) WAIT. That definitely says "Marry Me Emi." My jaw dropped; I turned to look at Jonny just as he smoothly knelt to one knee and asked me to marry him. I was so surprised and caught off guard! SO many people along the beach were applauding, whistling, and clapping!

A precious little girl brought me a handmade bouquet with beach daisies and some kind of rosemary plant she'd wrapped together with grass, and explained that the plant stands for remembrance. Next, a guy ran up to us and said he was a wedding photographer and just happened to see the proposal happen and could he please take a photo of us...(he had a SWEET polaroid camera with him.)

Sorry this picture isn't the best (it's glossy so it reflects and it was hard to take a good shot of it) but in the photo you can definitely see "Marry Me Emi" behind us.


We then ate an Argentina-style picnic that he'd prepared beforehand...actually didn't eat that much, I was too excited! But that's the story. It was wonderful, romantic, just absolutely perfect. It truly couldn't have been any more perfect! I really don't know how I found such a genuinely sweet, righteous, wonderful guy-- but I must've done something right! :D

Here are some after-the-fact pictures:




I woke up and it wasn't just a dream!!!! haha :)

and then i realized that my grandmother and i have very similar rings. how cool!

I can't wait to start our life together in just 3 months!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment